Oatmeal Chocolate Raisin Cookies

This is my first ever recipe post on my blog... I know what you're thinking... "But Carley you post so much food stuff on your pages already, how have you never posted an actual recipe?!" I am here to tell you that I am in a love-hate relationship with recipes. I love them because they can be used for education.. I'm looking at you, Nana. She literally reads cookbooks before bed, and in the morning with coffee, and any time she is about to go to the grocery store. I hate recipes because they have parameters, rules, and guidelines. I am not so good at staying within those confinements. However, recipes are great starting points. So, take this first one of mine with a grain of salt, and give it a try. This is a cookie recipe that I developed, I use that term very lightly... because I actually just made a bunch of modifications a handful of times and finally found something that worked for me taste. Somehow, it was the right scientific combination to bake into a perfectly chewy and crispy cookie. So here it is, my first ever cookie recipe.


Oatmeal Chocolate Raisin Cookies

By: Carley Green

** - SEE NOTES (and when I say see notes please actually go read them, don't skip over them like I do most times, they are crucial to getting the cookie to taste just right!)

Ingredients


3 c Flour
1 c Oats
2 heaping tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
Cinnamon is optional
Nutmeg is optional
2 sticks Butter* I'm serious go check the notes
2 c Brown Sugar
1 c White Sugar
3 eggs
Vanilla is optional
2 c (one bag) semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
3 big handfuls of raisins

Preparation

In a stand mixer with the whisk** attachment, beat the butter and sugars until it looks like wet sand.

* Butter must be softened but not too soft, and still a little cold to the touch. This makes a chewy cookie vs a cakey one. - Thanks for tip Joanna Gaines!
**

Comments

Popular Posts