i am enough

\ˈfe-mə-ˌni-zəm \
       a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal; to define, establish, and achieve political, economic, personal, and social equality of the sexes. 

My 22nd birthday has come... and I am finally embracing the woman I am becoming. It has taken me this long to fully embrace that I am enough. The more that I learn, the earlier I wish I had known it. As a young girl, I never realized the role that I played in this world, compared to my male counter parts. I have finally learned that its OK to stand up for yourself and what you believe in. I have finally learned that as a woman, I don't have to fit the mold of a "true woman." I have finally learned that equality for all is something everyone should strive for, but something I will be reaching and stretching the limits for every single day. I feel like this is my role, to stand up for my gender and sexual orientation, for women, especially for those women that can't stand up for themselves. There are many women that are harshly oppressed in other countries. For instance, in Saudi Arabia, women cannot drive a car, or go anywhere without a male chaperone... (like wtf??) So, I have decided to initiate my feminism journey by getting tattooed with a saying that I have tried to convince myself of for a long time.. and in a spot where I am self conscious of. But for that very reason, I decided I would commence this expedition with a symbol of commitment. A commitment to myself, and to women around the world. And we will persist until all sexes are truly equal.

"It takes years as a woman to unlearn what you have been taught to be sorry for." - Amy Poehler




I am female, and I am enugh.


    peace n love, car

Comments

Popular Posts