My Refelection of 2017

As I tried to find a good way to sum up 2017, it was difficult. I contemplated writing about my personal journey, the changes our world and society has undergone, and even a futuristic and positive point of view on our next year as well. I didn’t really want to be a copy cat of the, “10 things I learned this year” or “my top 20 favorite items/places/recpies/bloggers of 2017” New Years posts. None of these topics fit in with what I’d like to share with you about this year. So, I thought I would write a short reflection on the broader view of the New Year in my eyes. 

Looking back on this year, I am shocked to see how much our world has changed. If you’d like to admit it or not, we all have changed with the times. I would’ve never imagined my life to be where it is right now, a year ago. Just as you think the changes are going to slow down, your life takes a turn. This past year has been a series of twists and turns. As I would suspect some of your lives to be. Some changes were absolutely beautiful and some were ugly. It is all how you choose to tackle adversity that will show who you are. 

In 2017 I finally traveled to another country, invested in more ink sewn into my skin map, lost touch with some relationships and strengthened others, drank some fine wine and a ton of shitty tap beer, and even learned how to apply for a home loan! It was an utter mess but oh so wonderful at the same time. I truly became comfortable in my own skin, started to be more conscious of my thoughts and actions, and held myself accountable for my own manifestation. 


2017 was a year of me, and 2018 is going to be a year for others. I want to touch peoples hearts and minds. Make them feel worthy and loved. Teach them that they too can love their mind, body, and spirits.. even in this crazy busy life. I want to encourage young students that they can do anything they want with their life, they just have to go after it. All of these things I hope make this world a better place than when I found it. 

As I reflect on 2017, a smile appears across my face, no matter how hectic. Actively living your life as an agent of change and a positive influence on others lives will never be a waste. You control your destiny and hopeful impact others as well. This all adds to a more wonderful world. Happy 2018, here’s to another year. 

Cheers!

Car

Comments

Popular Posts