How Do You Work?

work [wurk]: (noun) exertion or effort directed to produce or accomplish something; labor; toil.

Many people that know me know that I usually take on a lot of responsibilities. I am usually a girl of many jobs and many obligations. It's not that I can't say no, but I enjoy being busy and pleasing a large amount of people, even if it means I lose sleep. I encourage you to take a minute and analyze your life and how you live it. Most likely, you are living it in a similar mind set as your parents. They have been your idols for the first 18 years of your life, and maybe still are.

As a small child, I watched my mother and father give back to others in many small ways. Not only running my siblings and I around to countless sports and events, they were filling their extra time by coaching or running the PTA and 4H club. Seeing my parents put others before themselves taught me the exact same thing. Watching them work as hard as they possibly could to make a good life for our family and taking on extra responsibilities to develop other children in our community, was a silent lesson that I finally understood after years of experiencing it.


I had this epiphany a couple weeks ago, after feeling the best kind of exhaustion I have ever experienced. It was from a long day of teaching, learning, and working. As I reflected on my day, I realized I am the human being I am because of my parents. As much as all young people want to "be their own person," I am so lucky to have attained these traits from them.

All in all, the experiences that you have as a child influence you for the rest of your life. The harder your parents worked, the harder you will work. The mindset of there is only one option, and that is to just get it done, no excuses, and going the extra miles for others, has been passed down to me from my parents, and I will pass it down to the children I teach and maybe even my own children someday. This whole post was meant for you to analyze how you work, and maybe encourage you to work harder, for your sake and others. Maybe then you will inspire others to work hard. I hope it has. Work hard today, in what ever that might be.

Peace n love,

Carley

"If you can wake up every morning loving what you do, help and inspire others around you to be better than they were yesterday, then you know you're doing something right."

PS - THANKS MOM AND DAD FOR BEING AWESOME

Comments

Popular Posts